IndusInd Bank was established in 1994 & is based in Mumbai. This Bank has 1004 branches & 1885 ATM’s spread across India’s 625 locations.
A brief description of IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card
This card provides some options that are very attractive for the customers when they would be redeeming their accumulated reward points.
A cardholder can easily get reward points while shopping & making payments through this credit card, and then these accumulated points can be easily redeemed for any of the options or services wanted by the customer like travel, premium merchandise & much more. It has a totally flexible & adjustable redemption program for the reward points accumulated. This card also gives the person a chance to visit airport lounges in more than 600 airports from across the globe. This is a complimentary offer offered by the bank for the Platinum cardholders.
IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card Features, Benefits, Fees & Eligibility
IndusInd Bank Platinum card has an annual fee which is to be paid only once at the time of issue of the card. This fee is Rs.5999. But, a good point here is that there is no annual fee to be paid every year, which proves to be a very cheaper solution to go for. No add-on fee is to be given.
Another thing that can be considered under eligibility is the documents required for getting the card issued. The documents are:
- 2 passport sized photographs along with the national signature IDs are required.
- Address proof is needed. Under this, electricity bills & ration cards would work.
- Then the next required documents are PAN card, Form 16 & the most importantly Income Tax Returns statement.
- Proof of salary & proof of business details are needed to be presented for the card.
- Salary statement of the past 3 months from the date of issue of the card is also required.
Credit Card can be applied either by new customers or existing customers.
Recommended: Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card Review 2019
Fees and other charges:
|Joining Fee||Rs. 899|
|Interest-free Period||Up to 50 days|
|Cash Advance Fee||2.5% of the amount/ Min. Rs. 300|
|Finance Charges||3.83% p.m./ 46% p.a.|
|Overlimit Fee||2.5% of the over-limit amount (Min. Rs. 500)|
|Foreign Exchange Mark-up||3.50%|
|Re-issue of credit card fee||Rs. 100|
|Late Payment Charges||For balance-
Below Rs. 100- Nil
Between Rs. 100 to Rs. 500- Rs. 100
Between Rs. 501 to Rs. 1,000- Rs. 350
Between Rs. 1,001 to Rs. 10,000- Rs. 550
Above Rs. 10,000- Rs. 700
|Add-on Card Fee||Nil (up to 3 cards can be issued)|
|Payment Return Charges (Autopay/Cheques)||Rs. 250 per instance|
The new customers can apply in the following manner:
- You will have to visit the official website of IndusInd bank, i.e., “www.indusind.com. There you have to open the “Credit Cards” page for further process.
- There you will have to enter your personal & some contact details.
- After that, your details will be verified. Then a bank representative will contact you & guide you about the whole process of application.
- For getting the IndusInd Platinum Credit card, a person may be asked to present the KYC documents or income proofs in some cases.
- The easiest option of all is that you can visit the nearest branch of IndusInd bank & can apply offline for the credit card. This is helpful for those who do not have access to the online system or for someone who likes to do it offline.
The existing customers of IndusInd can apply in the underwritten manner:
- The initial step would be the same to visit the official website www.indusind.com & open the “credit cards” page.
- But the second step will be different. Here the customer will have to enter the net banking ID that he has along with the mobile number instead of the personal details as in the case for new customers.
- The customer is free to apply for this card from the online system if he is comfortable with it.
- If not, he can also go to a branch of the bank and apply for it.
Some of the questions that might come to our mind about the card or are frequently asked are given below. They might help to resolve your queries.
# Is online application for the Platinum Credit card possible?
The answer to this is a straight yes. A new customer or an existing customer of the bank can easily apply online from the bank’s official website, as mentioned above in the article.
# What is the solution available if the card gets lost or is stolen?
If the card gets lost or is stolen, then you must call the Platinum Credit Card customer service immediately & tell them about the problem whether it has been stolen or is lost by you. Also, online service to report the loss is available through the Net Banking Account of the customer.
# If a person reports his card as stolen but later finds it, what should he do now?
If you find the card back after reporting it to be lost, you do not have to use it. Just destroy or damage it completely. This you can do by cutting it & especially the chip in the card should be cut.
# What is the process to redeem the points that are accumulated while shopping with this card?
The customer can redeem his/her reward points at the retail shops with which bank has the partnership, some other brands & travel bookings for various things like tickets, hotels, etc. This can be done to get good discounts. The redemption can also be done through the customer care service.
# How can a person check his eligibility for the card himself?
A person can check his eligibility through various sites available nowadays. Apply on it & check your credit profile to know if you are eligible or not.
# What is the joining & annual fee one will have to pay for being the owner of this special credit card?
Opposite to a person’s perception, this card has no annual fee. That means you do not have to pay any money every year as a fee. Just pay a one-time joining fee of Rs.5999 & the card is yours if you are eligible for it!
Recommended: 11 Best Forex Cards in India 2019
This card is a bit costly if we consider only the joining fee. But if we see the fact that we don’t have to pay any fee every year, then it might seem to be cheap for everyone. This card can be bought only by the people with an annual income of over Rs.300,000. But, it also offers great benefits that most of the other banks’ credit cards do not. So definitely, this card is a card that can be considered whenever a person wants to buy a credit card. The application process for the card is also easy & this card offers benefits & discounts all over the world.