Indian microfinance models and functioning
1. Grameen Bank Groups and Self Help Groups: What is the difference?: This article explains each system, and compare their sustainability, their outreach and impact on the poor, including their empowerment impact, and their feasibility within their respective environments.
2. Self Help Group Model: This paper uses a spreadsheet financial model to identify key financial policy parameters that influence the performance of self-help groups
3. Self Help Group Model: This paper makes an attempt to review the performance of the program in different states of India and across three major institutions—commercial banks, cooperatives, and regional rural banks.
4. Acceleration Model: This presentation explains the SKS Acceleration Model, which applies principles from Starbucks, Coca-Cola, and McDonald’s to reduce transactional costs and replicate rapidly.
5. ICICI Partnership Model: Based on an analysis of the traditional financing model and ICICI Bank’s experience in India, this paper analyses the partnership model of financing microfinance institutions (MFIs) and its potential for rapidly increasing outreach and unlocking large amounts of wholesale funds available in India’s commercial banking sector.