What type of Identification Proof and Address Proof needs to be submitted ?
- The Reserve Bank of India has simplified KYC Guidelines and the documents needed to open a new bank account.
- The following identification proofs can be used to open a new bank account.
- Voter id card,
- Driving license,
- PAN Card,
- Aadhaar Unique Id,
- NREGA Job card attested by State Government Official.
Which Banks are participating in Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana ?
- All private and public sector banks are a part of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Given below is a list of India’s biggest Banks.
Some of India’s large Nationalised banks are taking part in PMJDY. They are:
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Corporation Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank of India
- State Bank of India & it’s affiliates.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
Top Private-sector banks taking part in PMJDY are :
- Axis Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IndusInd Bank
- ING Vysya Bank
- Karnataka Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- YES Bank
- Dhanalakshmi Bank
Will you be issued a Cheque book, pass book ?
- This also varies from bank to bank , some banks have announced that a limited number of people will get cheque books and pass books.
- The majority of the accounts will have limited features and may not be eligible for these facilities.
- Additional facilities like Cheque Book, Pass Book and Overdraft facilities will be provided over time by the bank if they are satisfied with how you maintain your bank account.
- Maintaining a high bank balance and carrying out regular transactions by depositing money and withdrawing it from ATM’s through your Rupay Debit Cards will make you eligible for these facilities quickly.
Can you open a bank account without any officially valid id documents ?
- Yes you can open an account without any valid id proofs , but these accounts will be limited in functionality. Accounts opened without any id proof are categorized as “Small Accounts” and can be opened by submitting a self attested photograph along with signature / thumb impression .
- Small Accounts have limitations and will not be provided cheque book facilities and it’s balance cannot exceed Rs 100,000 and withdrawals cannot be more than Rs 10,000 per month.
- Customers who open Small Accounts without id proof have to submit address proof documents within 6 months of opening the account.
- Small accounts will be valid for upto 12 months and this type of account is created only for illiterate persons such as tribals who do not have any address proof documents so that they can avail government benefits such as LPG subsidy, etc.