HT Media’s Internet business Firefly eVentures (under which are jobs classifieds site Shine.com and social networking portal DesiMartini.com) has bought a 23% stake in School On Web Pvt Ltd for Rs. 25 million, according to its annual report. No additional details were available in the report.
School Onweb is a website design software package for educational institutions. It has been developed by Quibus Technologies, a venture of Jaipur-based Guru Interactive Web Solutions. This is HT Media’s second foray in the online education space and earlier, HT Media had launched HTCampus.com an online portal for college students.
HTCampus helps students find the right colleges for them by providing a list of institutes based on various fields ranging from Animation to Medicine to Engineering to Arts.
It also enables a search based on the degree level the student desires. On the other hand, School Onweb is a website that provides a CMS (content management system) solutions to schools. It basically helps the school’s administrative work.
The School Onweb Portal helps schools in:
- Planning the year and displaying it on the school website.
- Making web pages on school information like Board, Principal, History, etc.
- Exam schedule.
- Sending information to parents on the performance of their kids.
- Enabling an Online MIS system for schools.
- School Website maintenance.
- Custom made website features as per the School’s requirements.