Micro-Credit Ratings International Limited (M-CRIL) is the premier rating and assessment agency working globally with a special focus on Asia, Africa and the former the Soviet Union. Backed by over a decade’s experience, M-CRIL’s domain expertise in the microfinance sector incorporates unparalleled knowledge of technical issues, regional characteristics, organizational diversity and extensive interaction with apex organizations.
As a socially conscious enterprise with a concern for development impact, M-CRIL pioneered the social rating service in 2005. Besides, credit and social ratings, M-CRIL undertakes sector research on aspects like benchmarks and standards, best practices, markets and means of expanding the scope and outreach of microfinance services through regional and commercial banks and provides technical assistance to sector players on business planning and financial forecasting.
This newsletter highlights some initiatives by M-CRIL since April 2010 including:
1. Progress with M-CRIL’s rating of MIVs – draft ratings of the Dexia Micro-Credit Fund.
2. Incofin cvso, Rural Impulse Fund and Oikocredit.
3. Credit Rating of Kshetriya Gramin Financial Services (KGFS), Tamil Nadu, India.
4. Credit Rating of Pagasa, Philippines.
5. Systems Evaluation and Loan Portfolio Audit of SKS Microfinance.
6. Assessment and ratings of Low-Cost Private Schools.
7. Key forthcoming assignments: Assessments of Community Loan Funds in Indonesia, Loan.
8. Portfolio Audit of Bandhan, Social Rating of Casper.