Green Excel Partners will be conducting a training program on making business plans for Social Enterprises in Bangalore on Feb 18th and 19th, 2011.
About the Training Program
Socially relevant enterprises are the new tool for promoting equitable development. Many Not-for-Profit, Corporate CSR Initiatives and individuals are engaged in promoting socially relevant businesses to promote social and economic goals of stakeholders. However, socially-relevant enterprises are faced with a set of challenges that are distinct from purely commercial enterprises and many of the entrepreneurs (and potential entrepreneurs) require support in defining their business.
This course would enable participants to comprehensively evaluate the challenges and opportunities for socially-relevant enterprises, design suitable business models and develop an investor-ready business plan.
The course will be conducted in two parts. The first is a contact program of two days where participants are educated on the tools & techniques for preparation of business plans. This would be followed by a month of online interaction to freeze a business plan or a specific business.
- Imparting skills to participants for developing investor-ready business plans for socially- relevant businesses
- Exposing participants to the expectations of potential investors , banks , angel investors and other financial institutions from business plans.
- Handhold participants to develop business plans that can be adopted by their organizations
- An intensive course that provides hands-on experience to participants in skills that are essential for developing business plans
- Training in software programs/tools that can facilitate the development of business plans
- Expert inputs from social entrepreneurs, investors and representatives of financial institutions
- Use of case studies to illustrate decision -making in real-world situations
- Supplementary reading materials and study kit
Post Training Engagement :
Post-course online support to prepare a business plan for one identified project over one month .We actively encourage participants to have a continuous engagement with co-participants and the trainers. Details will be provided at the end of the course.
9 am, February 18th, 2011 to 2 pm, February 19th, 2011
The Bell Hotel & Convention Centre
# 88, Next to City Railway Station,
Bangalore – 560 023.
INR 9500 * ( plus INR 3000 for accomodation for 2 days)
*plus service tax of 10.3% on course cost
Bulk registrations will be offered a discount. Space is limited. Class size will be limited to 30 participants to ensure that the highest quality of educational experience is delivered.
Recommended Participants :
- NGO officials promoting sustainable businesses
- Start-up companies in the socially relevant sectors
- Corporate CSR initiative officers promoting sustainable local businesses
Dr. Ashwini Kumar BJ has experience of more than 11 years in developing business plans for social enterprises. He has been involved in projects that have won awards such as the Citizenbase Award and the Ashden Award. As a formal trainer in entrepreneurship and new ventures, he has conducted many training programs for Not-For-Profit organizations.
For more information contact:
Green Excel Partners