The Vodafone Foundation in association with the Digital Empowerment Foundation has announced the Women & Innovation for Mobile (WIN) Award.
The ‘Win’ Awards seeks to identify innovative mobile solutions which meet the diverse needs of women under the following categories:
- Healthcare & Family
- Economic Empowerment & Entrepreneurship
The key objectives of the WIN Awards are:
- To honor and recognize innovative mobile applications and solutions benefitting women users in the following 3 categories – education, health & family welfare, and economic empowerment & entrepreneurship.
- Provide the 3 wining mobile solutions with a grant of 44,00,000 INR to scale up their project and consolidate their objectives. They will also be appointed a mentor to help their projects.
- Stimulate development of innovative mobile applications benefitting women and encourage widespread usage of these services.
- Providing a dedicated platform for stakeholders for partnership, enhancing outreach of mWomen and supporting the scalability of projects.
For further information and to access the on-line application form, please go to: