About the National Seminar
The microfinance sector in India is dynamic and has witnessed phenomenal growth in terms of outreach to the clients, the number of loans and amount of loan outstanding, product and service diversification and geographical spread. Over the years, the country has experienced a strong public and private institutional participation in the development of the sector. The various initiatives in the microfinance sector were undertaken as a key strategy for simultaneously addressing the poverty alleviation and livelihood promotions in order to build confidence for economic self-reliance of the rural poor.
However, not much comprehensive discussions have taken place from various stakeholders and researchers in the field of microfinance at the national level. Against this background, the Institute plans to hold a two day National Seminar on 15th and 16th of December, 2010. This seminar is one of such initiatives at the national level to showcase the past and present achievements and future prospects / challenges in promoting sustainable livelihoods through microfinance innovations.
Delegates from Industry – Rs 750/-
Faculty members and Research Scholars – Rs 500/-
DD should be drawn in favour of Principal, Siddaganga Institute of Technology, payable at Tumkur and be sent to the Seminar Coordinator. Delegates are required to inform the Coordinator in advance, for accommodation.
Event Dates :
December 15th and 16th , 2010
S.I.T Campus, Tumkur 572 103
Karnataka, India. (Tumkur is situated at a distance of 70 Km from Bangalore)
- To identify various livelihood promotion initiatives undertaken by Government, Banks, MFIs, donor agencies and NGOs through microfinance programs in India.
- To explore the relevance of social performance management of microfinance in addressing the issues of poverty, outreach, transparency and the client protection.
- To understand the need for financial literacy in livelihood promotions and inclusive growth.
- To examine the role of microfinance in promotion of micro-enterprise development.
- To study the role of micro-insurance in the promotion of inclusive growth
- To examine the contribution of technological interventions in microfinance development and inclusive growth.
- To study the contribution of microfinance in the improvement of health and sanitation.
- To examine the replication of livelihood promotions elsewhere in the world to alleviate poverty.
Areas of Interest
Submissions are invited for papers relating to, but are not limited to, the following subthemes:
1. Growth and Development of Microfinance Industry in India
2. Microfinance and Inclusive Growth
3. Microfinance and Livelihood Promotions
4. Social Performance Management for Microfinance
5. Microfinance and Small and Micro-enterprise Development
6. Financial Literacy
8. Health and Sanitation
9. Microfinance and Technological Interventions
Call for Papers
Theoretical, conceptual and empirical research papers that are original and not publishedelsewhere are invited from academicians, research scholars, practitioners and bankers onthe various sub-themes mentioned above or any issue related to the main theme of theseminar.
1. Contributors must provide their affiliations and complete postal addresses along with e-mail and contact number with their papers.
2. The manuscript of the full paper in M.S Word format should not exceed 20 to 25 pages in length, 12pt Times New Roman font size, including figures and tables, on A4 size paper, with 1.5 line spacing and 1 inch margin on all sides.
3. All papers must be accompanied by an abstract of 150 words along with keywords. Theoretical, conceptual and empirical research papers that are original and not published elsewhere are invited from academicians, research scholars, practitioners and bankers on the various sub-themes mentioned above or any issue related to the main theme of the seminar.
Full paper submission – By November 25th, 2010.
Notification to authors of selected papers – By November 30th, 2010.
Last date for registration – By December 11th, 2010.
Download the Complete Brochure on the Seminar for Submission Guidelines and Process at the link below
Prof. Naveen K Shetty
Post Graduate Department of Management
Studies and Research Centre
S.I.T Campus, Tumkur 572 103, Karnataka, India
Ph: 0816 2214097 / 2282692, Fax: 0816 2214098