MicroRate’s released it’s 8th annual survey and analysis of microfinance investment vehicles (MIVs) in November 2013. This report is based on interviews with MIV managers and data from 92 active MIVs representing $8.1 billion in collective assets under management (as of December 2012). The key findings of the report include:
- MIV growth continues along the “new normal” growth trajectory: total asset growth +17%, microfinance portfolio +18%.
- Liquidity declined to 8.2% of total assets, down from a high of 14.6% in 2009.
- Growth in all regions, with Latin America (24%) and East Asia/Pacific (23%) posting the strongest growth, and moderate growth in South Asia (12%), Africa (12%), and Europe/Central Asia (10%).
- Azerbaijan (45%), Georgia (78%), Mongolia (38%), and Bosnia (43%) were among the fastest-growing countries.
- Funds continue to mature, with investors redeeming $438 million in 2012.
- MIV sector continuing to deconsolidate, with largest MIVs continuing to lose market share. Similar trend among fund managers.
- Equity investment grew by $77 million, but declined as a share of the portfolio from 20% to 18%.
- Institutional investors continue to dominate, with 56% share of total investment.
Download State of Microfinance Investment 2013 Report
at the link below :
You can download reports of the previous years at the links below :