About the Summit
Indian Ocean / South Asia Mobile Payments & Banking Summit 2011 will showcase the unique prospects in the emerging economies of Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Seychelles, Maldives, Mauritius, Kenya and South Africa arising from the rapid growth & affluence in the Indian Ocean region.
Explore the current hot spots, growth opportunities and expert recommendations for retail payments and cross-border money remittance, evolving business models for banks & network operators, the importance of m-commerce developments as well as various payment platforms to enhance value added services.
Learn about the development of mobile money transfers regulations, deployment of mobile banking, e-wallets, mobile ticketing, microfinance & microinsurance, financial inclusion of unbanked, emergence of mobile payment on smart phones, NFC trials and applications for merchants in the South Asia and Indian Ocean region.
The Summit will also feature private equity investment opportunities in the mobile payments market coming from Singapore, Dubai, Mumbai and Shanghai and highlight the relevance and potential role of mobile financial services in developing the Indian Ocean tourism and hospitality industry.
Indian Ocean / South Asia Mobile Payments & Banking Summit 2011 provides a serious two-day intensive platform for interaction, exchange of ideas, learning from successful models, and finding common solutions to current strategic challenges as well as boosting greater interaction and co-operation amongst the countries in South Asia and Indian Ocean region.
Who will be there?
Leading financial & telecommunication regulators, mobile operators, financial institutions, merchants, technology & software consultants & business organizations are expected to come together.
Attent the Summit to know more :
- Strategies to drive mobile payments and develop mobile financial services
- Telecommunication and central banks regulators’ perspective on how to structure the mobile payments and banking industry
- Importance of mobile money transfers
- Mobile ticketing developments
- E-wallets deployments in India
- The mobile payments opportunities in Sri Lanka, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Seychelles, Maldives, Mauritius, Kenya and South Africa
- How to integrate the bank, merchant and payment platforms together through mobile commerce for enhanced revenue opportunities
- How microfinance, micro insurance and micro savings can push for further developments of mobile payments
- Leveraging on agricultural VAS to boost mobile payments in South Asia
- Partnerships with mobile money issuers for microfinance
- Ways to tackle the financial inclusion of the unbanked
- Structuring complex relationships between banks, telecommunications, regulators and technology solution sectors
- The merits of NFC solutions to boost the delivery of innovative contactless services in mobile payments
- M banking dual strategies for urban and rural segments
- How merchants can benefit from adopting the mobile payments systems
- Proven business models that successfully deploy an m-payment solution
Know more about the event at South Asia Mobile Payments and Banking Summit 2011/