Social Venture Design is a week-long course organized jointly by the Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS) and the Acara Institute at the University of Minnesota. The course gives participants an opportunity to design, develop and pitch a social business idea to a panel of investors and incubator representatives.
This course provides an intensive hands-on experience with entrepreneurship – particularly social entrepreneurship, to design and develop solutions to societal and environmental problems.
Course sessions would enable learners to identify core issues and develop or redefine business model components of a proposed solution to address pressing challenges.
Programme Date: 1–7 June 2014 | Bangalore, India
What’s in it for you?
- Engage in “deep dive” interactions with investors, incubator representatives, established social entrepreneurs and social venture consultants.
- Build effective networks and explore prospective funding and collaboration opportunities.
- Pitch to impact investors from Aavishkar, Ankur Capital, Khosla Impact.
- Learn how to make an effective elevator pitch.
- Develop business model canvas and formulate social value proposition.
Who should attend?
Social entrepreneurs and leaders of early stage impact ventures. We do not make a distinction about what constitutes a social entrepreneur. What we focus on is supporting the growth of the next generation of change makers interested in social and environmental impact.
Early Bird Date : 20 May 2014
Early Bird Fee: Rs 10,000/-
Group Price: for 2+ : Rs 12,000/-
Course Fee: Rs 15,000/-
Last Date for Application: 28 May 2014
To register visit : http://iihs.co.in/social-venture-design/