Rashtriya Grameen Vikas Nidhi Society (RGVN Society) is a leading non-governmental organisation, founded in April 1990. The society operating in the north eastern states of India commenced its microfinance operations in 1995. With significant growth in business during the latter part of the previous decade, the microfinance operations were transferred to a NBFC, RGVN (North-East) Microfinance Ltd (RGVN Microfinance) in October 2010.
Headquartered in Guwahati, RGVN Microfinance operates through a network of 107 branches spread across 31 districts in the five states of Assam, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
Performance on key parameters
- The mid-sized MFI had loan portfolio of Rs.115 crore as on September 30, 2013. The pace of growth has declined significantly since 2012-13. In addition, the business continues to be highly concentrated in Assam
- Asset quality is moderate; the 90+ days past due was around 0.5 per cent since 2011-12 although it was much higher earlier on account of delinquencies in some districts
- Funding profile is adequate, backed by reasonable diversity including banks, financial institutions and NBFCs
- Capitalisation is adequate with a net worth of Rs.24 crore and gearing of 4.3 times as on March 31, 2013. Developmental institutions like Small Industries Development Bank of India and North Eastern Development Finance Corporation of India have infused equity in the past supporting the company’s growth
- Profitability is healthy with return on assets of over 3 per cent over the past two years
Rgvn Microfinance Stastics
The latest data and reports are given below for 2010-2013