In early January 2016, job forums on the Internet started reporting about a Jan Kalyan Yojana announced by the Uttar Pradesh Government for recruitment of 72,530 Vikas Karmi or Development Managers. Many users paid money to register on the different websites to become eligible for taking part in the written selection test. So is the Jan Kalyan Yojana real ? Read on to find out the truth
According to the website www.jankalyanyojna.com, the Uttar Pradesh government has advertised to recruit new development workers and area managers. A few advertisements also appeared in newspapers, such as the one below:
The advertisement went on to claim the following :
- 72,530 new government employees were to be recruited by the Uttar Pradesh Government.
- Candidates would be selected based on their performance in a written exam. Candidates who could clear the written exam would become eligible to take part in an interview to be conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Jan Kalyan Yojana department.
- Candidates would have to pay Rs 150 to register for the entrance exam.
- Selected candidates would be paid on the following scale
- Senior Regional Manager – Rs 17,500 per month
- Area Manager – Rs 15,500 per month
- Development Worker – Rs 4,000 per month
- You have to apply online by filling in the application form, no offline physical applications.
- Entrance exam to be conducted in April and results to be announced towards the end of April 2016.
Yes, if you have not guessed it so far, it is a fake job scam. In the third week of February 2016, Uttar Pradesh police arrested Ramakant Chauhan (aged 39) and Ramkrishna Nigam (aged 32) of Lucknow, UP for creating a fake job website www.jankalyanyojana.com and issuing advertisements in leading newspapers to dupe the public.
By the time the police arrested the duo, they had defrauded the public of several lakhs of rupees, as thousands had registered online for the Jan Kalyan Yojana. He was successful in perpetrating this fraud because most people did not mind paying a small amount of Rs 150 for registering. By keeping the registration amount low he was able to cheat hundreds of government job seekers for more than a month before the UP police shut down the operation.
Read the complete story of how the fraud was committed at the link below :
How was the fraud detected ?
When the police received a complaint from a jeweler who had been duped by the prime accused Ramakanth Chauhan, they began investigating his antecedents and stumbled on the fraud job website.
So do not apply for pradhan mantri jan kalyan yojana , as there is no such scheme being implemented. Tell you friends not to be duped by fake government jobs advertised online. The Internet is an anonymous network and anybody can create a website.
By spending a little amount of money you can create a big impact and reach out to the general public through social media. Fraudsters have become smart and now operate online. Never trust any advertisement that appears on the Internet, always verify with the concerned government departments before applying for the job. If you follow these instructions it will save you a lot of time,money and emotional trauma.