XLRI Jamshedpur will be conducting the 3rd International Workshop on Inclusive Finance during October 31 – November 2, 2014.
The workshop brings academicians, practitioners, microfinance institutions and NGOs, who have a passion in the area of financial inclusion, to deliberate on research as well as contemporary issues. The workshop is expected to serve as a forum for intensive discussions among the stakeholders involved in financial inclusion.
The workshop consists of a series of:
(i) plenary sessions by distinguished speakers;
(ii) thematic panel discussions;
(iii) presentations of empirical and policy research,
(iv) presentations of case studies; and
(v) a competition for innovations4impact.
Interested candidates can register and know more about the workshop at : http://inclusivefinance.in/
Special Plenary & Panel Discussion
The workshop will have special plenary sessions and panel discussions of leading industry experts and business leaders who will deliberate best practices and evolving framework in financial inclusion. The workshop intends to address the challenges faced while implementing the financial inclusion initiatives by the government and draw lessons for research.
Empirical and Policy Research: Paper Presentations
The theme for this year workshop is specifically addressed to product innovations. The workshop invites original empirical and policy research papers for presentations in the following areas:
1. Bank-led Financial Inclusion
2. Innovations in Microfinance Models
3. Peer-to-Peer Lending Innovations
4. Microfinance to Livelihood Finance
5. Producers’ Cooperative & Producers’ Company
6. Product Bundling in Financial Inclusion
7. Pricing Microloans & Transparency Issues
8. Addressing Finance Constraints of Microenterprises
9. Micro Savings Innovations for Poor
10. Remittances and Payments System
11. Rural and Agricultural Finance
12. Social Capital and Impact Investing
13. Structured Products and Securitization
14. Micro Insurance Products
15. Weather Insurance Products
16. Commodity Finance & Warehouse Receipts
17. Technological Innovations & Branchless Banking
18. Financial Literacy and Financial Inclusion
19. Consumer Protection in Microfinance
20. Microfinance Regulatory & Governance Issues
Deadline for Submission: Papers with strong academic quality and policy implications are specifically invited for presentation in these sessions, which will be deliberated by a panel of experts and authors, receive feedback for revisions.
Selected papers will be considered for publications by a well known international publisher(the details will be available soon).
Final papers are to be submitted in word-format only, providing author’s affiliation, designation and telephone details to
Dr H K Pradhan
Professor of Finance and Economics
Chair, Financial Market Centre
XLRI Jamshedpur, CH Area(E),
Jamshedpur 831 001, India
Innovations 4 Impact
Innovations4Impact(I4I): Along with the Workshop a national level competition, called Innovations4Impact, is being organized on November 1, 2014 inviting social innovators, microfinance institutions, and micro-entrepreneurs to present their work, that have made a difference to the life at the bottom of the pyramid by linking finance to livelihoods.
The competition details are available at http://inclusivefinance.in/i4i.html