Global Social Benefit Incubator (GSBI)
- An on-line, mentored, application process hosted on Social Edge and based on three business planning exercises designed to benefit all who participate by defining their organizations’ value proposition, target market (beneficiaries), and “business model” (key income and expense drivers).
- 20 organizations selected from the application process receive scholarships for an online (4 month) and in-residence (2 week) program that involves “action learning” and mentoring to prepare a sustainable “business” plan for their organizations. All expenses (except Internet fees and travel) for this component are covered by a full-scholarship valued at US $25,000,
- On-going mentoring and collaboration for all who complete the in-residence component.
- value proposition with demonstrated impact on important social issues (e.g. clean energy, health, food supply, job creation, equal rights) for Base of the Pyramid (BOP) beneficiaries;
- potential to impact a large target BOP market (# of potential beneficiaries);
- a business model with potential to scale rapidly while being financially self-sustaining(income may include contributed income); and
- the application exercises have been completed by the CEO or operational management executive in the organization and that executive commits to completing the pre-work and attending the GSBI™.