Windows 10 was released by Microsoft on July 29th, 2015. The company offered existing users of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 a free upgrade to the new operating system worth Rs 7500 until July 29,2016. All those users of genuine and pirated windows who upgraded to Windows 10 before this date got a free Windows Key which is valid for the lifetime of the device.
Windows has tweaked the way how the operating system is now activated and issues a “digital entitlement” certificate instead of using serial keys. The digital entitlement certificate maps the unique hardware of your computer during the installation and ensures the software works only on that PC.
Windows announced this scheme offering free installations as it had set itself an ambitious target of taking Windows 10 to 1 billion devices by 2018. In pursuit of this goal Microsoft provided free updates to even pirated windows owners. The new Windows 10 operating system has received very good reviews and as of August 2016 more than 350 million computers are installed with this OS.
The offer expired last month and many users who were not aware of the scheme failed to upgrade their pirated windows copy to the new genuine version. They are now desperately trying to find new ways to update their systems.Users need not lose heart because you can still exploit a loop hole in Microsoft’s policy to upgrade. We list the details of how you can get Windows 10 operating system worth US$119 or Rs 7500 (Home Edition) for free in the steps below :
Microsoft is offering Windows 10 with Assistive Technologies for free download over an extended duration. Assistive Technologies involve features for those users with visual and physical disabilities. For example if you have bad eyesight then there is a tool called a ‘Magnifier’ which magnifies all the text. If you cannot read properly then the OS has a feature which outputs all selected text in audio format.
So to benefit the differently abled, the offer is still available. There are no limitations on the use of this OS, so users can download and use it like a normal Windows 10 Home installation. Startups and Enterprises can also use this offer to reduce their operating costs.
Download Free Windows 10 below:
- Visit the link below and click on the Upgrade Now Button at the middle of the screen.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade
- You will be asked to download a 5.5 MB file called Windows10Upgrade.exe. Once the download is complete open the file.
- Click on the ‘Accept Button’ to confirm that you agree to the terms of usage.
- Once you accept, the program will check if your computer hardware is compatible with Windows 10.
- Then the download begins. The size of the Windows 10 download is a little more than 3 GB so it will take time. All your files and documents will be saved and you will not lose any personal data in this installation.
- The installation takes at-least 45 minutes if you have the latest hardware. Many users have experienced some delays in completing the upgrade. The main delay appears towards the end of the installation when the screen gets stuck at 99%. From here it could take 3-24 hours to reach 100%. Users are requested to remain patient and leave their systems on overnight so that the upgrade can complete.
- Once the installation is complete, restart you computer to boot from the new OS.
These are the steps to get a free copy of Windows 10 for 2016, the offer may not be extended into 2017 so users must hurry to upgrade their systems and save money.This is valid for both 32 and 64 bit systems. Let us know how your upgrade experience was in the comments section below.