The Department of Electronics & Information Technology plans to soon launch a new program titled “Digital India” to transform India into a digitally empowered and connected knowledge economy.
The Ministry is now seeking inputs for a logo to be designed for the program. The last date to submit your logo design is 1st September 2014. Winners stand to gain an award prize of Rs 50,000.
- The participant should upload the logo as a file in JPG or PNG format.
- The winner of the competition shall be required to submit the design in an editable and open file format and on a digital format such as Adobe Photoshop or Corel Draw.
- Please do not imprint or watermark your logo design.
- Please note that the logo design must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
- Logo should preferably be designed in colour.
- Please bear in mind that for actual utilization of the winning logo, the size may vary from 3 cms X 3 cms to 75 X75 cms. While designing this aspect should be kept in mind.
- Entry must be submitted to the Creative Corner Section of MyGov.nic.in
- Make sure your MyGov profile is accurate and updated as we will use the information on the profile for further communication. This includes your name, photo and phone number. Entries by those with incomplete profiles would be rejected.
- The Competition is open to all Indian Citizens residing within and outside India.
- Evaluation would be done on the basis of popularity and factors outlined in para 3 below by a selection committee. Once the entry is submitted on MyGov, other MyGov users can ‘like’ the entries. Once an entry is submitted, the person who submitted the entry can share an auto generated Tweet/Post stating that he or she has shared an entry on MyGov. Similarly, those who are ‘liking’ every entry can share an auto-generated Tweet/Post stating they have liked a particular entry.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, composition, technical excellence, simplicity, artistic merit and visual impact and how well they communicate the plan of Digital India for all Indian households.
- The logo designed by the winner will be the intellectual property of the Government of India and the designer cannot exercise any right over it. The prize winning logo is meant to be used by Government of India for promotional and display purposes, IEC material and also for any other use as may be deemed appropriate for the Campaign Digital India.
- The participant must be the same person who has designed the logo and plagiarism would not be allowed.
- All the entries received by the Department will be placed in front of a Selection Committee for final selection.
- The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and binding on all the contestants.
- The disqualified entries shall not be used by the Department for any purpose and the Department shall have no intellectual rights over the same.
To submit your applications visit – http://mygov.nic.in/