The Indo French Water Network (IFWN) is currently accepting proposals to organize and host a seminar or workshop to address water research, technology and policy issues through Indo-French Collaboration.
Indian and French entities looking to collaborate with each other in all sectors (research, civil society, industry, etc.) are invited to apply. The aim of this call for workshop proposals is to promote synergy and added value through the establishment of high-quality interdisciplinary Indo-French collaborations in the water sector.
The seminar or workshop should be organized in India. The support of the IFWN can cover mobility costs for the seminar / workshop and logistic expenses for the organization.
To be eligible for this call, the French and Indian applicants must become members of the Indo French Water Network through www.ifwn.org/register
The seminar / workshop proposal should:
- Have at least one Indian and one French applicant from the water science, technology or policy sectors;
- Contribute to the goals of the IFWN (www.ifwn.org/mission);
- Enhance multidisciplinary understanding in water sector;
- Clearly demonstrate the added value of the Indo-French collaboration;
- Strengthen Indo-French relations by bringing together active participants in the chosen field from India and France;
- Lead to the development of new Indo-French projects.
Proposals will be evaluated by the IFWN steering committee according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of the project within scope of the call
The seminar / workshop will contribute in achieving IFWN’s goals particularly that of broadening and strengthening the IFWN network via the inclusion of new researchers and industry partners from France and India.
- Scientific Excellence
The proposed seminar / workshop invite eminent experts, and the topics covered are novel, interdisciplinary and state of the art.
- Organization and relevant Budget expenditure
The planned organization of the seminar / workshop and the budget request are appropriate to the proposed scope and intended outcomes.
- Deadline: The call will be open from June 17, 2014.The deadline for submitting the proposal is 6:00 pm Indian time, 14th August 2014.
- Proposal Structure: The proposal must contain following information
- Title of the seminar / workshop
- Abstract (half page max)
- Statement of Intent to organize this seminar/workshop, including topics, importance, timeliness, motivation, general approach (two pages max)
- Brief CVs of the applicants with list of publications
- Proposed list of invitees and participating institutions from France and India
- Tentative programme and proposed date and venue
- Requested budget (please provide details of expenses)
3. Submission: The proposal must be submitted as one single pdf document using contact form below this post, before 6:00 pm Indian time, 14th August 2014.
Contact: In case you have queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on
Phone: Mr Jayesh Wagh, +91(80)22141233